We have all been at that point where we crave something sweet but don’t necessarily have that much time to bake something super elaborate. Well, this is the perfect recipe for those times! It will only take you around 15 minutes or even a bit less.
Alongside that, you won’t need many ingredients and these cookies are way healthier than others, still getting that sweet and cinnamony taste so characteristic of carrot cake.
Let’s get to it then.
For 12 cookies approx.
- 100 grams of oatmeal
- 90 grams of whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
1.Preheat the oven to 160º Celsius (320º Fahrenheit).
2. In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl put the wet ingredients and stir together. Once it’s all blended, add the dry ingredients and mix.
4. With a spoon put some of the mix on a greased baking sheet and shape it as you want your cookies to be. Repeat this step with all of the mix.
These cookies won’t expand in the oven so it’s not necessary that you leave much space between one and the other.
5. Put them in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. The time will also depend on how soft or hard you want them to be. I personally prefer soft cookies so I baked them for around 12 minutes.
6. Let them cool on a rack for some minutes.
How easy was that? Now the only thing left to do is enjoy your carrot cake cookies!
Perfect for winter and fall season.